Costs of Re-mortgage of a freehold residential property
Typical costs of providing you with a re-mortgage are provided below. A named solicitor will be allocated to your re-mortgage from start to finish so that you will always know who to ask for in the event of any queries.
How much does this service cost?
Based on the value of the property we can give you a fee estimate.
For example, if you are re-mortgaging a property with a value £250,000 the fee will be £500 plus VAT (20%) and Disbursements *
|Item||Cost||VAT Amount (20%)||Total|
|Legal Fee||£500.00 + VAT||£100.00||£600.00|
|Electronic money transfer fee (per transaction)||£40.00 + VAT||£8.00||£48.00|
|Search Fee – via our search provider NYLS* Example pricing:|
|Local authority search (if required by the lender)||£91 + VAT||£18.20||£109.20|
|Anti-Money Laundry Search (per name)||£5.00 + VAT||£1.00||£6.00|
|*Please note above prices are subject to change depending on area of local authority.|
|HM Land Registry Fee||£45.00||N/A||£45.00|
|HSBC Bank Transfer fee (per transaction)||£8.00 + VAT||£1.60||£9.60|
|Land Registry Bankruptcy search fee (per name)||£2||N/A||£2.00|
|Land Registry Search Fees||£6||N/A||£6.00|
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the re-mortgage of your property, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
How long will my house re-mortgage take?
How long it will take to re-mortgage your property depends on a number of factors, including how quickly your mortgage offer is obtained, length of time to obtain search results, whether your mortgage is dependent on a survey, and the type of property you are re-mortgaging. The average process takes between 6 – 8 weeks.
Stages of the process
The precise stages involved in re-mortgaging your property vary according to the circumstances. However, below we have suggested some key stages that you may wish to include:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Give you advice on all documents and information received
- Go through conditions of mortgage offer with you
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Complete re-mortgage
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
Abortive Re-mortgage Transaction
Dependent upon the stage that the transaction reached you may lose your search fees and other fees paid out. We may have to charge you to cover the work we have carried out on your behalf and the charge will depend upon the stage the transaction has reached and is entirely at our discretion.
You should contact us immediately to enable us to fully advise you of your options.
* Our fee assumes that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.